Review of our Geocaching goals for 2015 and new goals for 2016. Doctor D also has a new source of Facts of the Uselessness.
Ey Up Me Duck Challenge.. [4:25]
- To find 3000 caches this year – this was hard work and wouldn’t have been achievable without (and you won’t believe this!!) Moan-a-Lot’s help and the rest of Team Compass
- To try and clear a 10km radius from house – we have done well but too many people putting new caches out!!!! Plus there are numerous puzzles I am still working my way through
- To clear at least another 60 days from our date found calendar (currently at 242/366). – completed although we still need 2 days to complete every date. One date in Jan and then the elusive Feb 29th
- To complete and find at least 10 Challenge caches – we have been completing Challenge caches on and off throughout the year – the ones we have mainly focused on though were the 3000 caches in a year and cache everyday for a full year
- To complete DT grid. Still need: got it down to 4 from 11 to do: 1-4 / 2.5-4.5 / 4-4 / 5-4 – so this is going on our list for this coming year
- To cache in at least 10 more English counties (currently 31/46) now on 44/46. Complete as only need Dorset & Isle of Wight now
- Find some Little Quest Caches (currently 1/48) – to get us into double figures at least – now got 10/48. This is good to say we still only had 1 by the beginning of August
- To find 20 more caches to help go towards completing the Jasmer Challenge (caches placed – months since geocaching began) – (140/176) : Now got 161/188
- To complete caches placed (days).
- Find any caches in area with favourite points of over 25 – didn’t quite manage this. Out of 145 caches with favourites of 25 or over within a 10km radius from home we still need to find 17 of them (some are puzzles and a couple are disabled) BUT we have found 128 of them.
Challenge Doctor D.. [17:31]
Doctor D is challenged to find and log 5 Geocaches by the time we record the next episode.
Ey Up Me Duck December Challenge Winner.. [19:20]
From Scott Berks.. [19:20]
Team Box or Daddy Box
Why? Presents come in a box!
Scott note: For the record, Team Box (a real caching team in Chicago) is NOT a lesbian caching couple, We at the Chicago Geocaching Podcast checked, and were sorely disappointed.
Light em up
Light… as in XMAS lights! BOOM!
From Karthryn Trevor.. [26:52]
Hi can I enter the challenge as I have found every one so far except for number Four and FTF on the first day this is so going to wind up moan a lot so worth entering as he has only done one so far and that was a joint FTF with trevorsilk the OH of me
Kathryn Trevor aka Trevorsilk
Our Goals for 2015.. [30:43]
Find 365 caches
Hide more caches, in particular our Doctor Who related cache
We hid two new geocaches
We think we achieved this
Attend more events
We attended 2
As a stretch goal, fill in our Geocaching calendar dates
No idea how we did on this one
Things we achieved, but hadn’t planned.. [37:19]
Did the KT Power Trail with Moan-A-Lot
Our Goals for 2016.. [38:56]
Geocache exclusively, for a month each, using the alternative Geocaching listin websites
Do the Hatley Heart Attack series (479 caches)
Continue with filling our Geocaching calendar
Doctor D’s Facts Of The Uselessness.. [43:50]
Jesus wasn’t born when we think he was, according to the Pope.
Gas wasn’t used as a weapon in WW2.
Ask Dr D or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (audio files welcome)
Please connect with us
Support the show
Donate via Patreon